Questions & Answers Process
Questions and Answers (Q&A) are an integral part of Google My Business. However, we find that business owners and agencies aren’t taking advantage of this feature.
We have found that many of our clients are asking about how to add and update the Q&A on this listing as they don’t know where to start.
One reason for this confusion is that unlike posts or photos, the Q&A is not visible from the GMB Dashboard. There is no way to access them from inside the GMB listing. This only adds to the confusion.
Our team hopes to bring some awareness to this topic and clear up the bewilderment.
Bear in mind that the Q&A has to be asked and answered from the outside (GMB Knowledge Panel).
Please follow these steps:
1. Primary Owner Login:
- Log in to Google My Business with the Gmail and password of the Primary Owner of the GMB.
2. GMB Listing Search
- Get to your GMB listing on the right side (Knowledge Panel) by searching for it on Google.
3. Questions & Answers
- Locate the Questions & answers section on the GMB listing. It is under the Appointment URL and above the Reviews.
4. Ask a Question
- If no one has asked questions on the GMB before, there will be blue text that says ‘Be the first to ask a question’.
- Otherwise, there will be blue text that says ‘See all questions’ with the total number of questions asked.
- You should also see an option to ‘Ask a question’ on the right. Click on this gray ‘Ask a question’ button.
5.Post a Question
- A popup box will appear.
- Type the question in the question box and click on the blue ‘Post’ button to post the question.
6. Answer the Question
- Refresh the page and wait a few minutes. You should see the question appear.
- Open up the question. There will be 3 options:
- Click on ‘Answer’ with the speech bubble next to it.
- Type the answer to the question in the answer box and click on the blue ‘Post’ button to post the answer.
- Refresh the page and wait a few minutes. You should see both the question and the answer appear.
- Check to make sure the Q&A have appeared correctly.
Is the Q&A Section Not Visible?
- If you don’t see the Q&A option on the GMB Knowledge Panel, look at the Map Pack results and click ‘More businesses’.
- You may have to scroll down, but you should find it on the map results.
- Then, click on your GMB listing from the Map Pack.
- Now, you can access the Q&A and follow the aforementioned steps to ask and answer questions.
We hope you aren’t as perplexed about GMB Q&A now as you were before reading this article. If you require more assistance, feel free to contact us via email, phone, or free consultation!